We’re looking for an experienced, dynamic caseworker to provide a year’s maternity cover for our Triage Welfare Worker with the possibility of extended employment subject to funding news expected in the spring.
Based in our spacious, welcoming and well equipped centre in Rhyl with some outreach work across North Wales, the post holder will:
- Provide one to one holistic support to a diverse caseload of women, some with complex needs.
- Empower women to develop the confidence and skills to tackle difficulties such as social isolation, debt, housing needs, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol issues and offending behaviours.
- Work in partnership with multiple agencies such as Third Sector organisations, statutory services, housing associations, courts, community mental health teams and the criminal justice system.
- Manage a caseload, prioritising need, setting plans, identifying risks, keeping accurate records and contributing to a culture of collaboration and best practice.
- Communicating the benefit of our work to other organisations, partners and funders. Generating referrals, writing meaningful case studies and reports. Developing future projects and services.
Who we are:
We are a person centred, multidisciplinary service based in Rhyl. We provide one to one support, counselling, training courses and community activities for women across North Wales. Our approach is innovative and responds directly to the changing needs of our community.
Our work is challenging and rewarding and no two days are the same.
It’s an exciting time to join North Wales Women’s Centre. Changes to local and national policy and the way we work at the centre means everyone working here will be part of a pioneering team shaping the future of women’s services.
What we offer:
We reward talent with a competitive salary, 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and a generous contributory pension scheme.
Please ensure your application reaches us by midnight on Thursday 31st January 2019. Depending on the applications we receive we may bring forward or push back this deadline. Any change to the deadline will be updated here.
Previous applicants need not apply.
How to apply
Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require this information in alternative formats please email us via the link above or phone 01745 339331
If you have any queries about the vacancy please contact Katherine Adams. For an informal chat about the specifics of the role itself please ask to speak to Linda Jones. Both can be reached on 01745 339331.
For this role you will require an Enhanced DBS check, which we will pay for. Having a criminal record does not mean a closed door at North Wale’s Women’s Centre. We support the Ban The Box campaign.
This vacancy is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to schedule 9, part 1, and is open to women only.
We seek to employ a team who reflect the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from people across the full working age range, people with disabilities and those from the BAME and LGBTQ+ communities.