Our mission is to cultivate and advance the social and economic development of women in our community.
That means we’re passionate about supporting, encouraging, and enabling women to:
- Develop aspirations
- Improve skills
- Build on their assets
- Take control of their lives
- Move forward
- Overcome adversity
- Achieve their potential and
We work to ensure that our services:
Meet the needs of women
- We champion a trauma informed women centred – this enables us to achieve better outcomes for the women we work with.
- Our work is asset based – it builds on the skills and abilities a woman already has, and removes the barriers that prevent her from moving forward
- We identify the needs of different communities – and we adapt our work to suit,
Are accessible to all women
- We provide a “one stop shop” – by bringing a range of services together under one roof
- Our building is a central hub – it’s easy to get to, comfortable, discreet, and safe
- We provide outreach – meaning women who can’t visit the centre don’t miss out
Make a difference to women’s lives
- We learn from ourselves and others – our interventions are meaningful and evidence-based
- Our work is responsive and professional – we listen to the women we work with, and adapt in response to feedback
Empowering Women to change the world
At North Wales Women’s Centre we provide information, support, advocacy and training for women on the things that matter to them – including health, wellbeing, and work. We are based in Rhyl, at our own building. Discreet and welcoming, the centre is a safe, women-only space.
Since we were set up in 2001we have welcomed over 5,000 women through our doors.
Most of the women who use the centre come from Rhyl and surrounding areas, but we are open to all women from all counties in North Wales.
Want to know more about what we do and how we could help you? Get in touch.